Friday, August 1, 2008

County festival

Last weekend was the county festival. The parade was pretty fun, a real small town parade complete with kids on their bikes decorated with streamers and balloons. It is kind of fun to watch a parade when you know the majority of the people in it. There were food stands, music and craft booths in the park. Amanda was off with her boyfriend almost as soon as the parade was over. Kevin was in the parade with his band kids and then he spent time with his daughter and grandson. I wandered around the park for a bit and had something to eat. They had these really good fried potatoes, funnel cakes, BBQ, baked beans, turkey legs, hamburgers, and the list goes on and on. I had a hard time deciding what to have and finally settled on the fried potatoes to get me started. Then ended up so full from those that I couldn't eat anything else. I checked out the craft booths and found a little something for Logan. It got pretty hot, I got tired and bored, so I went home. Amanda wanted to go to Scott's for a while and Kevin had the final night of the play. I spent the evening with the TV, AC, and playing some computer games.

This week has been really hot, temperatures over 90 degrees for the last 20 days straight and several days recently it has been over 100 degrees. The 20 days straight thing is a new record even for Colorado. For the most part this week has been about trying to stay cool and get ready for our trip to Washington. I am so looking forward to seeing all my kiddos and meeting Logan.

Tonight, Amanda and Scott went to dinner and a movie. Kevin had a long drive today picking up student council kids from leadership camp, so he is napping. Tomorrow, we will be heading up to Boulder before flying to Seattle on Sunday. Will blog as I can while I am gone.

No comments: