Saturday, August 30, 2008

Its been too long...

since I sat down and blogged. It has been a very busy couple of weeks. The day after we returned from Washington, I had in-service for work, an all day affair. There were several other training sessions, driving my route to find all the new houses, things that needed to be done to get Kevin's room ready for the start of school, a day spent working filling backpacks with school supplies that are given to our kids for the start of school. That is such a wonderful program! There is a grant through DSHS that allows them to purchase ALL the supplies our kids need for school: paper, pencils, crayons, markers, binders, notebooks, graph paper, calculators, even water bottles and backpacks. Each of the teachers in the district put together a list of supplies needed for their class and they are purchased from this grant. That way the kids have everything they need and the parents don't have to buy anything. This year I already have 14 new students on my route and will probably be getting more. It has been a challenge for me because we have to find the house or stop, write directions for our routes, each student is to have an assigned seat, we do all the record keeping ourselves instead of it been done on the computer somewhere. So that has been some extra work this last couple of weeks trying to get things in order and under control. I have also been sharing with some other people in the district some things I learned at a conference this summer regarding some changes or things that we have not been doing the best way possible so that has taken some time too.

Now we are getting into full swing with school. Both football and volleyball started and had their first games today. Kevin's pep band played at the volleyball game and then he and I went to the concession stand. It needed to be cleaned and prepared for football season. It had been used over the summer by another group and was kind of a mess with some of their stuff left there. Now we are back at his house enjoying the quiet and each working on our computers so I thought I would take a few minutes to catch up here.

I will try to do better about posting regularly.

Nanna/Mom/Lisa

No comments: